Networking has evolved substantially over the last few years: more users working remotely, networks becoming more distributed, and cloud application usage exploding.
Sophos is ensuring you keep pace, with new products like ZTNA for remote workers, and now an extremely powerful and helpful Sophos Firewall release with Xstream SD-WAN.
SFOS v19 delivers greatly enhanced SD-WAN, VPN, and networking capabilities, enabling you to easily meet your networking goals, while making day-to-day management even easier.
SFOS v19 highlights:
- Xstream SD-WAN utilizing the powerful performance of the Xstream Flow Processors in all XGS Series appliances to put IPsec traffic on the FastPath, resulting in up to a 5x VPN performance improvement
- Performance-based link selection ensures your most important traffic is routed over your best performing WAN connection, based upon latency, jitter, or packet loss
- Zero-impact transitions between WAN links ensures end-user applications are not impacted by ISP outages or disruption
- SD-WAN orchestration in Sophos Central enables you to quickly and easily set up complex site-to-site VPN overlay networks with just a few clicks
- VPN enhancements make it much easier and more intuitive to manage your site-to-site and remote-access VPN connections, including a new AWS VPC import tool
- New search capabilities allow you to quickly find exactly what you’re looking for, both in the product and in your networking objects when building rules
How to get the firmware, documentation, and training
As usual, Sophos Firewall OS v19 is a free upgrade for all licensed Sophos Firewall customers and should be applied to all supported firewall devices as soon as possible, as it not only contains great features and performance enhancements, but also important security fixes.
You can manually download SFOS v19 from the Licensing Portal and update anytime. Otherwise, it will be rolled out to all connected devices over the coming weeks. A notification will appear on your local device or Sophos Central management console when the update is available, allowing you to schedule the update at your convenience.